Thursday, April 28, 2011

postcard 01

I haven't completed a single goal so far this week.  But I have stumbled upon another activity that keeps my mind off things... snail mail!  

I love sending letters and 'things' back and forth with friends and family.  I don't quite have the drive to compose a complete letter at the moment, but creating a postcard is quite rewarding!  This one is for my mom (since Mother's day is just around the corner).  I don't think she checks my blog too often so I'm hoping this will be a surprise.  If not... surprise, ma!

postcard 01

My parents used to breed Schipperke's and Irish Setters when I was young.  There is an old snapshot of me with snarled morning-hair, turquoise sweatpants and a pink heart covered sweater holding one of the newborn pups in their whelping box.  Our Schipperke, Tasha, passed on long ago but I have fond memories of her (and all our other dogs) being my constant childhood companions.

No comments:

Post a Comment