Tuesday, May 3, 2011

introducing... harper!

our first cuddle session

I am completely in love with this wrinkly girl.  About 2 weeks ago my rescue group sent me a picture of a little gray and white pit that was staying in a Kentucky shelter.  I didn't have to think twice about taking her.  I picked her up on Saturday - she is so tiny!  My heart was beating like crazy when she was handed to me for the first time.  And I kid you not, a little tear squeezed out when she looked at me with her clear little eyes and gave me a kiss on the cheek.

chillin' in the kitchen

She came with the name Ferrari (ew...) but has recently acquired the much cuter name of Harper.  I'm still working on her elaborate full name, I think Cotton will be in there somewhere.  She's slept curled up under my left arm for the past three nights and has accompanied me just about everywhere.  She still needs another set of shots before she can start to tear up the public parks but that will happen soon enough!

Tonight she's going to help me work on a goal from last week, these map drawings!  She's joining me at the studio where she will meet the infamous Casey, Pancake Sue, and Dolly.  Hopefully they will be besties!

And yes, she's technically a foster dog.  No... I do not plan on giving her up.

2 comments:

  1. Awwww... look at those beautiful grey eyes!!! she is adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. seconded! she is darn cute! glad you have no intention of letting her out of your sight :-)

    ReplyDelete