Sunday, July 10, 2011

been gone a while

A few weeks ago I did a 120 mile bike ride to meet up with some friends for camping.  I really didn't think I would make it the whole way but by some miracle my tired legs got me there.

picture courtesy of Rachael

And then last week I took a trip out to Ohio to visit my family.  It was great to see everyone and not think about the stresses of Rochester for a while.  Harper's introduction into the family went smoothly, she's an official member now.

copilot

this is where i grew up

dad with his kite at the beach

And now that I'm back it's time to hit the studio.  Besides the ongoing project of the maps I've also started to work on a possible new commission piece.  It involves making my grandfather look like a farmer.
 
starting to work on the color process

first attempt

with suspenders

plus a hat




No comments:

Post a Comment