Sunday, July 17, 2011

racing

On a whim I decided to enter my first mountain bike race at Dryer Road Park this weekend.  With a little persuasion I signed up for the sport class (12 miles) instead of the beginner level (4 miles).  About half an hour into the race I very much regretted my class selection.  I managed to finish with only a few bumps and scrapes but am going to need a few days to fully recover.  Probably the most exciting part was realizing I now know how to drift around corners while bombing downhill sections.  That was the only time I was able to pass a few riders.  The worst part was hearing racers telling me to step aside on the up hills because I was going too damn slow.  I need more leg muscle.

I didn't find any pictures of me on the single track but here I am looking tried and slouched as I head out for my final lap.


I got myself some clipless pedals and shoes.  I'll be working on that this week which I'm sure will bring some lovely bruising.

No comments:

Post a Comment