Monday, February 14, 2011

now to work.

I finally have a working/sewing area in my apartment!  I found this gorgeous 1960's typewriter table on craigslist.  After three days of struggling to fit it up my narrow staircase I had to completely take the desk apart and then put it back together upstairs.  But it was all worth it!  The desk has some old student graffiti carved into, and even some dates (1961, 1970).  It's beautifully worn and the deep drawers are perfect for stashing all my creating stuff.  And my Elna Supermatic looks quite nice sitting on top.

Work area!
I also checked out the studio space I'm going to be sharing with Pistachio Press and Jim DeLucia.  It's massive!  I'm hoping to start moving my stuff in this week.  The biggest challenge is going to be scheduling in weekly studio time and sticking to it.  I now have this wonderful space and I need to make use of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment