Tuesday, November 29, 2011

tuesday to dos

I hope everyone had a lovely turkey day.  I know I did!

I had so many studio ideas while I was hanging out with the fam.  I wrote them down on whatever scrap of paper was available and used yesterday to consolidate everything.  I now have a laundry list of to dos.  Here's my main pick for the week.


1. Create a scarf from "French Daisy" fabric
I scored this absolutely gorgeous hand-printed french daisy fabric from a local antique store a few months back.  So far I've used it to re-cover my ironing board and to make "Rescued Fabric Bones".  I think it deserves to be turned into a more wearable accessory.


2. Research how to create my own font(s)
I tend to use a lot of hand-written text in my designs which ends up planting me in front of the light table for long periods of time.  I have a couple font ideas in mind and it's time I get movin'!

3. Make time for coffee with a friend
I absolutely LOVE that so much of my time is spent in the studio... but I've pushed many of my relationships to the side in order to make that happen.  I plan on having a mini get-together with a friend once a week to keep me focused on what's truly important.

4. Visit a local pet boutique with dog toys
I planned on going after work today but my car is back in the shop (4th time this month...)

5. Finish "25 Days of Memories" template
Holiday template surprise!  I'll have it posted this Wednesday.

6. Make a screen for my new antler design
Yet another dog toy idea.  My previous Marine Critter line wasn't quite right for the dog world.  I'm hoping this one will work better.

I have a bajillion more to dos but I think this is a reasonable amount to get done during the week. 

cheers! jen

2 comments:

  1. Hey Jen,

    I stopped by the Pistachio Press shop and studio last week while you were out of town. Sorry to have missed you! I bought a rescued fabric bone for a friend's puppy and I know he will love. Excited to see you upcoming projects!

    Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

    Miss you (we should catch up via email, phone or skype sometime soon!)

    Best,
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Christine! Rachael told me that you were here, I wish I could have been around to see you!

    I'll be in touch soon :)

    -jen

    ReplyDelete