Monday, March 28, 2011

new puppy!

Today at 6pm Allie is going to her new home.  We are having dinner with the family, getting her situated with new toys and a new collar, and then I will give my sure to be tearful goodbye.  I bathed her on Saturday, and have a pretty blue ribbon ready to tie around her neck for her final departure from the apartment.  She seems to know something's up.  All she wants to do recently is curl up in my lap and get her belly rubbed.  Damn I will miss her... Fortunately the new family has assured me I will get to visit and possibly dog-sit for her.  This will not be the last we see of Miss Allie!


And now ... drum roll ... I am getting a new puppy!  Possibly tonight!  The rescue group has been going back and forth on whether I'll foster a little puppy or an adolescent dog next.  Last I heard I was going to get a 10 month old full-bred pitty on April 19th.  Then this morning I get an email asking if I can take a 3 month old as early as tonight!  Of course I said yes.  The pups are pit/rottweiler mix so I wasn't expecting anything over the top adorable like my Allie... They sent me a picture... and lo and behold I am smitten!  Check this out.


You see that wrinkly thing second from the left?  The cutest puppy you've ever seen?  Yeah.  She's gonna be mine for a while (forever?).  AND  I get to name her!  I'm thinking she deserves a good southern name so I've been compiling a list of favorites.  Bayou, Harper, and Cotton are at the top so far, but I'll have to wait and see what her personality reveals.  

Oh man... what a life.

4 comments:

  1. What about...Scarlett...or Ashley (yes, Gone with the Wind references!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo! I like Scarlett. That's being added to the list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is the most adorable picture of Allie yet! just saying... I think the name Tiana would also work well for you're new pup!

    ReplyDelete