Thursday, March 31, 2011

there is a bear in my house

It looks like I probably won't be getting the cute puppy I've been gushing about.  The lady that called to give up the pups hasn't answered any of the rescue groups phone calls... 

BUT.  For the next week and half I'll be taking care of a much larger foster dog named Molly.  She is a 1 year old Saint Bernard who is very sweet and loving!  She has been staying at the rescue day care but they thought she would enjoy some at home attention.  I have never dealt with a dog this massive before, but she's really no trouble at all.  There's no way she can fit in the crate the puppies used to stay in, so Molly gets to roam the apartment 24/7.  When I went to bed last night she curled up in a corner of the living room and didn't budge until I called her to go out this morning.  She's staying at home by herself until lunch today.  I must admit I'm having visions of slobber covered furniture dancing through my head.  I hope she behaves herself!

Molly

After I bring Molly back at the end of next week I'll be taking a trip to California until April 18th.  Once I get back there will be a precious pit-bull waiting for me named Luca.  He is 2 and a half years old and apparently very mellow mannered and lovable.  He gets along with other dogs and children and seems to be a great pitty.  I'll be inviting him into my apartment until we can find him a forever home!

Luca
As for my art?  I showed the map drawings to Derek (my friend who got me this job and is overseeing its completion) earlier this week and he seems to like where I'm going with things.  He even thinks I might be able to do more drawings for them, like profile pictures and little plant doodads to put around their website.  I'll post some pictures soon of what I've been working on!

No comments:

Post a Comment