Friday, October 28, 2011

editing...

Here's what I've got so far in the 'about' section of my Etsy site.  If anyone's got any editing suggestions I'd love to hear 'em!

---

Welcome! 

My name's Jen and I live and work in the vibrant city of Rochester, NY.  I left the flat, cow-covered fields of Ohio back in 2006 and decided to stick around after finishing my university studies in studio arts and marine sciences.

I am the proud adoptive mom of a rescue pit-bull (Harper Marie) who spends countless hours exploring the studio while I fiddle around with fabric and paper.  When I'm not in the studio or working one of two art-related gigs you can find me out adventuring.  I enjoy running around the beaches of Ontario Lake with my pup, mountain biking on the hidden Rochester trails, climbing at the local rock gym, devouring empanadas at the public market and playing card games with friends.

As for my craft - I adore items that have had a previous life.  I scour antique stores, flea markets and friends' attics for the perfect materials to create garlands, bags, dog toys and other textile pieces.  Design, sustainability and quality are quite important in my every day life just as they are with the products I create.

If you'd like to learn more about me I keep a blog at: beeswaxhorsehairandsutures.blogspot.com. 

Thanks so much for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment